Thursday, April 5, 2012

Fake Coupons Alert

I was just at my local Petco and found out there's a fake coupon going around for $18 off Science Diet food.

There is also a $3 off Axe coupon that is fake as well.

There is a $2500 reward for information leading to the successful prosecution of the individual(s) responsible for producing these counterfeit coupons.




Penalties for Coupon Fraud

Longest prison sentence - 17 years
Highest financial penalty - $5 million
Prison sentences of three to five years are not uncommon. Financial penalties generally vary, but have often been in excess of $200,000.

 Please be careful using coupons! If it's a high value coupon, please check the CIC database before attempting to use it. I do not want to see anyone innocent go to jail or get fined because they tried to use a coupon they received and honestly thought they were real. You can also call the manufacturer and ask. You can even email or message me and I will find out for you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment