Dear boys,
Please remember that mommy is one person.
Although I have eyes in the back of my head, I cannot duplicate myself and be in several rooms at the same time.
It's not funny when I squeal after stepping on a hot wheels.
Your brother is not a toy, he does get hurt and cannot be repaired with glue by Daddy.
I do not need you to throw snacks on the floor to point out the spots I missed when vacuuming and sweeping.
I enjoy coffee and quiet in the morning, not whining because you cannot watch TV or play a game. I need a little bit of time to wake up at 6am.
My calendar is not edible. I promise you, it's not. I like to keep track of activities in it, and cannot make sure we're on time for things if I cannot read my calendar.
I know nana and papa spoil you, but the rules in mommy and daddy's house are very different than theirs.
Mommy and Daddy are not made of money. We cannot replace everything with the magical money tree in the backyard.
Bed time is a time for sleeping, not running back and forth between Mommy and Daddy's room and your room to tell us good night a million times and that you want a bulldozer for Christmas.
Your hugs and kisses are the greatest thing since sliced bread.
I love you both unconditionally.
Mommy
So the past 2 days have been a crazy mad house here. I've not been online much because I've been dealing with the treacherous threes. Most parents talk about the terrible twos. But we did not see these. So we're being punished with the treacherous threes.
Our oldest, Aiden, turned 3 in December. The youngest, Eli, is 7 months, born the day before my birthday in October.
Aiden has decided he loves his brother and wants to keep him after several months of telling us we had to return him to the hospital because he wasn't ours.
Yesterday, he decided to hit his brother and then smash his face into the TV stand. Today he decided to put a pillow on his head and hold it there. Now, I'm sure he's not purposely trying to hurt Eli. Now I'm just trying to figure out why Aiden is acting out and not listening and using his brain. I used to be a really nice mommy, giving in to both of my kids, so I'm sure I'm partially to blame. But Aiden got to see another side of me today. No more nice mommy!
No comments:
Post a Comment