Thursday, June 28, 2012

Every Day Is A Crazy Day

So most people don't know a lot about me and about my family so I'm going to give you a rundown of my family. I'm very proud of them and love each and every one of them.


My crazy children are my life. They are my little angels, God gave them to me when I needed them most. I had Aiden the same year my grandfather died, which helped me in so many ways. I was very close to my grandfather, especially after losing my father. So when we found out he had lung cancer, it hit me very hard. He passed away while I was across the US, so I didn't get to say my goodbyes. Elijah came after a bad year. My husband and I had some issues, his PTSD was getting the best of both of us, and we lost 2 little angels in one year. And then Elijah came along and showed us that life is what we make of it. And we decided to make it about our family and love.

Since the birth of our two amazing little men, things have been so different. We had a rocky start, but we're moving along strong now.

My husband, Jon, has had a rough time. He has compartment syndrome in his legs. In case you don't know what compartment syndrome is, I'll give a brief explanation. Compartment syndrome is when there is a buildup of an excessive amount of pressure, usually in the muscle. It then prevents adequate blood flow to the tissues and can cause tissue damage, kidney damage, loss of body function, death, etc. He also has PTSD. He was medically retired from the Army in 2009 because of both of these reasons. And now he's working with the VA to deal with everything.

I have amazing parents and parent in laws that help in so many ways. They're all supportive and amazing to talk to. They've done so much for us in the past, and we know they'll always be there in the future. Even though they're all a state or so away, we know they're always around when we need them the most!

My best friend and sister Mary has had nothing but a mess of problems lately. Her dear fiance, our friend and Jon's battle buddy, Dave, suffers PTSD as well and had a breakdown not long ago. He's doing better now after talking to Jon and beginning to face his demons. Recently, Mary lost her dear mother. She is no longer in pain, she's with God and we're glad she's feeling better. Mary also suffers lupus, and because of that, she's suffering from some other medical problems, and her health is falling downhill. But no matter what, Mary is always a strong woman. She's worked with the Red Cross, donated food and shelter and clothes and anything else to those who need it, even when she had nothing of her own. She is literally the type of woman who will give you the shirt off her back if you're cold from the freezing snow. She's a selfless fighter and amazing woman. My life wouldn't be the same without her, truly. She understands me, and regardless of anything, she's my world. We've had some fun times, and fun conversations. Such as the time I called her during a storm to see if she was ok because she was home alone and all I heard was her fall because she was pulling her scared soaked mastiff Blue into the house, she fell and her phone was filled with water. That poor woman! But I love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment