Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Historic Town Lost In Disaster

This post may not be about coupons and deals, but it's part of life.

God reached down and touched my hometown with his hands, protecting it as much as he could, while Mother Nature took her course and send an EF3 tornado wiping through a 197 year old town with only 101 homes. My hometown of Moscow, Ohio will never be the same. A lot of homes were completely destroyed, one life lost (God rest her soul) and some families will no be returning.

It's now a year later and residents are still fighting with insurance companies, some giving up and leaving town and what's left of their home, letting it go as is or tearing it down and selling what's left.

Channel 9 Town Update

Moscow was not only a village to me. It was home, my family. I grew up there, my family still lives there. Although I've moved states away, it will always be home in my heart.

Moscow Aftermath Photos

Although I wasn't there to go through the tornado, my family was, and it was one of the scariest nights of my life. I keep reliving it and will probably never forget it. The day I left home with my 2 kids and my mother in law to go back to Moscow to help clean up and see what mess was left, my 4 year old superhero woke up and said "I'm going to beat up the tornado."

Tragedies happen far too often. Between the tornadoes and the hurricanes to the fires and floods. Last year was a traumatizing year for the entire nation.

May God bless us the rest of this year and keep His hands over us.
Prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Please get together a safety kit for emergencies.

No comments:

Post a Comment