Most prenatal vitamins are horse pills and no one enjoys taking them. With my last pregnancy I had 2 pills to take a day and they made me terribly sick. On top of the morning sickness I had, the pills didn't want to stay down very well. My doctor at the time suggested taking them right before going to sleep.
The pills, yet again, are giving me a hard time with this pregnancy. I feel very nauseated after taking one pill and can't sleep very well, since I take them right before bed. But recently I heard about a new drink mix, and asked my doctor about it. He said it would be a good idea to try and see how it helped with the nausea, and take an extra calcium supplement as well as I'm pregnant with twins.
Premama was nice enough to send me a box of their Prenatal Vitamin Powdered Supplment Mix to review. It is an all natural, flavorless, easy to digest drink mix with only 6 calories and has DHA!
The box says the ingredients are "proven to reduce the risk of some birth defects by 70% or more!" Premama is made in the US with only the highest quality, natural ingredients.The key ingredients include :
Biotin : may help support embryo growth
B Vitamins : helps provide energy
DHA Omega-3 Fatty Acid : suggested to support fetal cognitive development and protection against postpartum depression
Coenzyme Q10 : may help protect against preeclampsia during pregnancy
Choline : used, along with folic acid, to help further protect against neural tube defects
Ginger root : helps reduce nausea
Folic acid : clinically proven to reduce the risk of some birth defects by up to 70%
Premama contains traces of milk and soybean and is nut-free, gluten-free, egg-free, fish-free, shellfish-free, sulfite-free, and tree nut-free.
The box comes with 30 packets. Each packet has 2 compartments which can be put into a glass or bottle of juice. You can split it into two servings, one compartment per serving, or pour it all into one. I chose to pour both packets into a bottle of water and go about my normal drinking water routine. It suggests using at least 12 oz of liquid for the entire packet, so I used a normal 16 oz bottle of water, shook the bottle and drank!
"Premama and many other prenatal supplements are over-the-counter (OTC) drugs. They fall under the ‘supplement’ category and do not require FDA approval. Facilities at which Premama is produced and packaged are FDA-approved for the nutrients they handle, their cleanliness and their conduct. They are also USP Verified."
If you're interested in trying out the product for yourself, you can visit their website, visit one of their retailers, or interact with Premama via their twitter or Facebook.
Premama sent me 1 box of drink mix to review. I am not compensated for my reviews, so I do not make money on them. My review is in no way influenced by anything other than my personal opinion.
Premama has offered to give away one box of drink mix to one of our lucky fans!! Whether you're pregnant or not, go ahead and enter! Give it to a mama you know, throw it in a gift bag for that special pregnant woman, or drink it as a vitamin and help yourself! It's good for anyone!
Enter here to win! Good luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment