Thursday, June 27, 2013

Worn Out and Sleep Deprived

Having a 4 year old has it's struggles.
Adding a 1 year old to that causes craziness.
Throw in a hubby with PTSD with a crazy sleep schedule and you're just nuts.
Being 32 weeks pregnant with twins on top of all that is just plain insane.

Now I told myself the first 2 trimesters that I wouldn't complain about this pregnancy. It's a Godsend to carry one child, especially after losing 2, but to carry two children is a true blessing for me.
So far this pregnancy has been pretty easy. There's been few worries, nothing major, which is surprising honestly for someone of my stature carrying twins. Even the doctors and nurses are surprised they haven't seen me at the hospital once. I've seen the doctor a lot, but not had any visits to labor & delivery yet. The biggest issues we've had is the worry about the size of the girls (they're growing a lot smaller than my OB would like, one of them is showing 2 weeks smaller than the other), their positioning and my size has caused me some breathing problems, extreme lower pain and pain in my ribs and back, one girl has had heart rate scares where her heart rate has dropped lower than it normally should be. The obvious pains, acid reflux, swelling and braxton hicks contractions have been going on for weeks now.
I officially have to say I'm not over being pregnant, I'm just over the pain. My ribs hurt, my legs hurt, my feet hurt, my back hurts, everything hurts. Between chasing Elijah and cleaning I'm exhausted within an hour of getting up.









Every week, twice a week, I sit in the doctor's office connected to the NST machine listening to their little hearts beating. I see my doctor once a week. It's been extremely stressful to me, but I know they're doing well after each visit.

An NST consists of placing these 3 monitors on my belly, one to monitor contractions, and the other two to monitor the girls' heart rates. Each girl is monitored for around 20min each. Sometimes we get both done at the same time, sometimes one takes longer. And the fun part is we have to search for them because they're not always in the same spot. YAY for making it difficult! Haha.


Elijah has this crazy sleep schedule where he lays in our bed until 3 am and falls asleep. So here I am up all night with him, and finally crashing after him.









Aiden is really good about laying in his bed and passing out. He's been good at helping clean up as well.









As for eating, hahaha that's something I do in my dreams. I find myself picking at little things throughout the day. Every time I make a plate of food and sit down I get "mommy, I need this, I want this, etc etc."
I love my kids.
I love my husband.
I love being pregnant.
I thank God every day for the people He's brought into my life.

I honestly can say that I don't think I would have made it this far without my amazing in laws and my mom and stepdad. They've been so helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment