Wednesday, July 31, 2013

AllerMates

Allergies are becoming more and more common in kids. Especially the severe ones.  My son is one of "those kids" with quite a few allergies that we're seeing more and more in kids. He's allergic to pollen, cats, dogs, feathers (no down-feather comforters for this boy), and milk/dairy. He's not lactose intolerant, he's allergic. He breaks out into a rash, hives, hospital trips and the whole nine yards.
Allermates LogoAfter looking at the numerous bracelets and IDs they make to announce allergies and medical problems, I finally found a company that makes one perfect for multiple allergies and is cute for kids! Allermates makes a variety of bracelets that can be customized to your child or even for yourself and show what allergies you or they suffer. They also have Medimates, which shows medical conditions, and other products to show allergies, conditions and dietary needs.



 Allermates sent me an I Have Allergies wristband for my youngest son and so far I have to say I absolutely love it. It's helping keep my mind at ease when he's out and about for these amazing summer activities, or at parties and other people are serving snacks and such. This particular band has a label inside where you write the child's information such as name, allergies, and contact information. It's great to know I can customize it and show what all allergies he suffers. 
From their description of the band : 
Our high grade silicone "I Have Allergies" Wristband safeguards and protects in a fun and modern way. You can write in your allergies on the back with a ball-point pen, along with urgent care contact and medical information. The next step is to boil the wristband for one minute to make the ink become indelible. This wristband was designed to help safeguard kids, tweens, teen and even adults with allergies.
Measures 8 inches long. 
Medium snap size: 6 3/4"
Large snap size: 7 1/4

With each band you get a unique code used to register your bracelet on their website. After registering, you can imput your child's and your information such as name, emergency contact info, allergies, medical conditions, and much more. If your child is found without you, or is somewhere and something happens, people can enter that code on their site and find your child's information and contact whomever is listed as well as see their allergies and conditions with ease. It's great for that peace of mind knowing that your child can carry around a list of what he or she suffers without having to remember or talk. I love it because my 1 year old cannot tell people he cannot have milk, or anything with dairy products, and he doesn't realize what has and does not have dairy in it yet. So with this bracelet other people can  know what he can and cannot have.

Allermates sent me a bracelet to review. I am not compensated for my reviews, so I do not make money on them. My review is in no way influenced by anything other than my personal opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment