Thursday, March 15, 2012

In the beginning..

I've decided to start a blog not only to review products, but to share deals and things we find. I've had many people ask "oh my goodness how did you get that for free or cheap?" Well, I'll share my tips and tricks with you.

Shopping Online:
If you shop online a lot, why not get cash back on your purchases? Ebates is an amazing cash back site, but they also have coupon codes! Some of their coupon codes are only available through their site. I use them for almost all my purchases. I always check their site to see what deals I can get on certain sites and for products. Plus I get cash back on my purchases! So that makes the deals even sweeter! Go check them out today!

Locations to print coupons:
Swagbucks coupons
  Their coupon database is the same as coupons.com but better! When you redeem the coupons, meaning use them in store, you collect swag points for each coupon, and then can exchange those points for gift cards, items, etc.
Redplum
Smartsource :
Coupons.com
Coupon Network

Walmart and Target and Dollar General also have coupons located on each of their websites.

Also, be sure to get a binder or an expandable file to keep coupons and such organized.

Print out each store's coupon policy and ALWAYS have it with you! Sometimes cashiers need to be trained on their own coupon policy as they do not know it. Yes, they should, but some do not. It's not required for them to know, nor is it something they discuss in training. Keep up to date on their policies as well. They do change from time to time. Do not let cashiers talk down to you or tell you it cannot be done if their policy states it can. Ask to speak to a manager, if still told no, talk to customer service. If they continue to be difficult, call corporate while you're standing in front of the customer service desk, or email if you choose. They will get things straightened out.

Always price match. Walmart does price match with other stores and you DO NOT need to have the ad with you to price match. Their policy states the ad is NOT required.

CVS's ECBs and Walgreens' RR are amazing if the deal is right. Always always check coupons with their items as well. You can sometimes score things FREE after their RR and ECBs.

CVS is also now offering Bag Tags! You can see these around the check out area, or ask your clerk. They're $.99! You can score $1 ECB every 4th visit if you put it on a reusable bag! So grab your bag tag today!

Rebates are a big thing a lot of companies are doing as well.

Frequent shopper cards are always good to use.

Kroger's 10 for 10 or Buy 10 save $5 is amazing as well, and you can stack coupons with it as well.

Commonly Visited Sites:
I do a lot of my free sampling on facebook. There's a ton of pages to like that offer links, but most have been taken over by "spam" or "like this page and like this photo to help someone win" or referral contests, which I'm not big on.
My biggest suggestion is my good friend Matt's page, ItsAllFreeOnline. He has a great blog I help out with, as well as an amazing facebook page.  People are always posting links to freebies on his wall. So check it out!
My friend Stephy is always doing fun things on her blog and facebook page! She posts things from deals, to life, to giveaways! Go over to her facebook page and her blog to check her out!

No comments:

Post a Comment