Friday, March 16, 2012

Why Do I Coupon? and more!

I've had many people ask me why I coupon or get freebies? Well, everyone wants to save money these days. But I had a real reason to start out. We hit a major rough patch financially, and then Aiden was born, and it became even worse. We were living in Texas with no family around, just my husband and I and a newborn. As new parent's, we were not only challenged with how to raise a child, but how to make it all work. But we made it through thanks to family and coupons and freebies, mostly thanks to my in laws. My mother in law has helped in so many ways! And my mom does so much, she comes over and helps whenever she can. When I was pregnant with Elijah, she came over for many of my doctor's appointments which helped me tons. I continue to coupon so we can save up money to buy a new vehicle (having 2 kids, doctor's appointments, hubby working, and one vehicle sucks!) and buy a house! Plus it's always good to have money for emergencies. We're still struggling a little, but we've caught up a lot more than before.

I'm always up for helping people learn to coupon and learn to get freebies. Sign up for anything you see. Even giveaways, whether from a major manufacturer or a person's blog, getting giveaway items helps too!

Suggestions:
When signing up for freebies, make an alternate email address that you don't care if it gets spammed, but keep the information for it, as you may need to check the box for a confirmation email.
Use a notebook and keep track of what you sign up for and from where and when. You may need to email companies if you do not receive a freebie, but REMEMBER: freebies are NOT guaranteed, so if you do not receive something, don't feel like it is owed to you.
When signing up, use a FAKE phone number, such as 543-123-0123.

No comments:

Post a Comment