It drives me crazy that people compare mothers of multiples to circuses. They think we've got more of a work load than the every day mother of more than one child. Just because I have 4 kids, 2 being twins, does not mean my situation is any different than the lady next to me with 2 kids. Its just as complicated.
Sometimes I think having 4 is easier. Aiden helps out a lot by keeping Eli entertained while I make food or wash bottles or feed the girls. Eli has found out he gets praised for throwing dirty diapers and other things in the garbage (except when he throws things we need such as bills.) I have times where it does get overwhelming, yes. The other day I wanted to pull my hair out because both girls were screaming their heads off (clean diapers and full bellies, just wanted snuggle time) and I was trying to make Eli a late lunch/snack because he was cranky and tired and whining. That is where my superhero mother in law comes in. She has this sixth sense to know when the kids are having crazy days and I need someone to save me. She had got off work early that day and surprised me when she walked in the front door to help. I know God had something to do with that.
When we first moved up here with Aiden and Eli, I was weird about having family offer to help so much. I thought we didn't need it so I always tried to turn it down. Ive learned over the time to never turn down help. They help because they care. And because they get to spend time with these amazing little ones that keep them entertained. Its such a blessing to have an amazing family that enjoys spending time with my kiddos, taking time out of their busy schedule to hang out with them, take them places, or just walk around outside with them.
I am not afraid to ask for help either. It does not mean I'm a bad mom or that I'm weak when I need help. It just means.. I need help. Whether its a trip to the store or a few minutes to take a shower without hearing a screaming child because someone took his bebe.
Now that I've crossed two different topics, I'll finish this post by saying its ok to ask for help. Don't be afraid!
No comments:
Post a Comment