Friday, March 23, 2012

Amanda's Scents and Dreams Review

Amanda at Amanda's Scents and Dreams has created some amazing organic and all-natural, chemical-free products ranging from candles and tarts to bath, body and baby to laundry. Her motto is the old saying "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!" She uses recycled glass for her jars and takes the time to sanitize each jar. She also uses recycled packaging materials! Amanda is certified in Essential oils and working on her certification to become an herbalist. (Good luck!!)

Recently, Amanda offered some spots to her fans for a review panelist. She took applications, weeded through everyone that applied, and chose a handful of fans. She sends them samples of products once a month and they review them and send her feedback!
I was chosen as one of the select few to give her feedback!

 Here's what I received!

Herbal Shampoo sample to review
3 tart packages I ordered
a sample tart
laundry detergent to try out
2 pens and a notebook to use for notes
and a nice letter!!

So what did I think of the shampoo? 
I have to say my review is my honest opinion as well as some informative information from Amanda herself.
When I initially opened the container, as with most items, I smell things. I want to know if the products I'm using smell good or if I'm going to have to drench myself in perfume when using them. I've found items I've gotten sick from smelling, so that's another thing I check. Amanda's herbal shampoo smelled rather nice. It definitely has a lot of herbal smells and isn't extremely strong.
Now first off, my hair normally is rather dry and frizzy and I do suffer from dandruff. I used her shampoo and found my hair felt very clammy. However, it didn't feel dry and my scalp itched. I tried it again that night and found it still made my hair clammy. It lathered up really nicely as well, even though the product itsself is watery. I then tried it again the following day and still felt clammy, so I used some conditioner to see if that would help. I then used some spray in conditioner after getting out and it did feel somewhat better. It wasn't as clammy.
My husband used the shampoo and loved it. He works 12 hour shifts in grease and oil at a factory and after using the shampoo he said his hair felt really clean, the cleanest it's been in a while. He loves it!

I brought up the clammyness to Amanda and some of the other reviewers, and Amanda informed me it's because I have hard water. The herbal shampoo doesn't have chemicals in it to change the hard water like the big name manufacturer shampoos and conditioners do.
I do plan on trying the shampoo myself again at my in law's in Michigan and my mother's in Ohio and seeing if I get any different response from my hair. It could well be my hair or the stuff in it that reacted with the shampoo. But my husband seems to love it! He keeps trying to steal it from me!

I plan on using the detergent tonight and will update my review afterwards! :)

Go check out Amanda's many products on her facebook page, and buy something! She's an amazing woman and has many amazing products! This month she is doing a "grateful" giveaway. Everyday she posts and you can comment as to what you're grateful for today, and she chooses one random fan to win something, from a free item, to free shipping, to percents off, and more!
She has also started a rewards program for all the shoppers! Get rewards points for buying items, and use them for free goodies! Let her know I sent you!!

1 comment: